Tuesday 21 October 2014

Modern + Crafty Geometric First Birthday Party

By jenn s.

1x1.trans

threw for her daughter, Hayley, is seriously the coolness. I happen to be a huge fan of geometric themes myself, so I might be a teensy bit partial in that respect 1x1.trans

– but I’m sure that most anyone will appreciate the hefty dose of style, happy colors, and clever DIY projects that went into this spunky little celebration. There’s actually great inspiration to be found here for geometric themed parties of ANY occasion.

P.S. I just noticed on Amy’s blog that little Hayley already turned 2 last week! How time flies, right? Happy belated, little one!


PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:


– Colorful hexagon photo booth backdrop + color-blocked hexagon cake toppers
– Super cool translucent geometric mobile hanging above the dessert table
– Homemade hexagon smash cake with pink, orange, and yellow layers inside (details, details!)
– Clever table mats fashioned from wooden paint stir sticks & painted with a geo pattern



1x1.trans


1x1.trans


1x1.trans


1x1.trans


1x1.trans


1x1.trans


1x1.trans


1x1.trans


1x1.trans


1x1.trans


1x1.trans


1x1.trans


1x1.trans


1x1.trans


*****


PARTY DETAILS as told by Amy
:


My daughter was turning one and I just wanted it to be such a color fun birthday! I had so much inspiration from many things I have been seeing on Pinterest I just had to pull something together. I had to work with my best friend Kiira from Eye Heart Pretty Things. She is so talented in putting together amazing parties!


We first came up with the theme Geometric then pulled some girlie colors together and found inspiration from Pinterest! Then we got to crafting. We accomplished so many fun DIY’s – from the paint chip table runners to the geometric backdrop for the photo booth. Geo shapes were everywhere and its exactly what we wanted to have happen.


Seeing my daughter Hayley sit by her 1st Birthday cake that was designed by Eye Heart Pretty Things brought tears to my eyes as I saw her first year of life flash through my eyes. This birthday was so special to me and I hope that Hayley can look back on the photos and see how much fun we had at her Crafty Geometric Birthday Party!


*****


VENDOR CREDITS:


– Design + Styling: Amy Stone Photography and Eye Heart Pretty Things
– Photography: Amy Stone Photography and Lydia Messenger
– Invites and Paper Goods: Eye Heart Pretty Things
– Cake: Eye Heart Pretty Things
– Cake Pops & Cupcakes – Karen Stone
– Linens, Table and Chairs – Liz Costella
– Cake Topper: Amy Stone Photography
– Paper Straws: Oh La La Paper
– Big Clear Balloons: Bargain Balloons
– Photobooth Backdrop, Geo Shape Strings, Geo Paint Table Runners and Geo Mobile: Amy Stone, Eye Heart Pretty Things, and Erica Bond


*****


Looking for more stylish geometric party inspiration? Check out this Geometric Baby Shower that we featured earlier this month too. 1x1.trans


Hostess with the Mostess®





Modern + Crafty Geometric First Birthday Party

#Halloween #MovieMasks #Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment